Trees and natural areas will be affected by climate change but also provide one of the most cost-effective solutions for helping communities mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change.
Beacon provides technical expertise for community sustainability planning and climate change mitigation and adaptation projects related to natural heritage and urban forestry. By combining an understanding of natural heritage and forest resources in urban and urbanizing settings with the evolving understanding of how climate change is expected to impact local communities, pragmatic and collaborative approaches to addressing these complex problems can be developed.
- Sustainable practices related to natural heritage and urban forestry
- Opportunities for urban forest and natural heritage climate change mitigation
- Climate change effects on ecosystems and species
- Climate change effects on the urban forest
- Vulnerability assessments for terrestrial and aquatic species at risk
- Carbon sequestration and storage assessments