The Beacon Impact
Employee owned and operated for over 15 years, Beacon Environmental Limited is a steadily growing team of more than 40 dedicated and proactive environmental professionals with a collective mission to stand as the guiding light toward solutions to complex environmental challenges. We set the standards high, and our team delivers.
Joining our team is a journey into company ownership and with that comes the dynamic ability to carve your own career path within our community. We know our team is what makes Beacon Environmental Limited truly shine, and we provide the conditions for you to truly discover, uncover and pursue new passions within our industry. We believe that a passion driven environment provides the highest quality project outcomes for our clients and the best possible opportunities for our growing team.
Our Next Hire
Technical River Scientist
Our geoscience team are experts in their field, bringing their combined technical and project management support to every project to help guide their teams and clients to success.
We are seeking a River or Environmental Scientist to join our growing geoscience team: a technical professional with a keen eye for detail and an aptitude for problem-solving to support various design and implementation, restoration, and monitoring projects through desk-based research and analysis, fieldwork, and report writing.
Our team is known for our science-based approach, integrity, and quality product: we proudly stand by our high standards. We are a collective of passionate individuals with high accountability to our clients and each other. We maintain our dynamic culture by fostering an atmosphere of innovation, mentorship, and growth.
If you are looking for a chance to bring your energy and passion to a fast-paced and exciting environment that will give your skills and potential the chance to truly shine – apply today and let’s talk about how Beacon fits your life.
- 3 years of practical experience and graduate of a physical geography, earth sciences, water resources engineering or equivalent program.
- Strong field skills including topographic surveys, evaluations of channel stability and watercourse dimensions, data logger installation, and competence in the management of environmental data.
- Knowledge of applicable acts and regulations, including associated permits: Endangered Species Act, Conservation Authorities Act, Fisheries Act, Permit to take Water, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication with experience preparing technical reports.
Additional Bonus Variables (What really shines brightly to us):
- Registered as a G.I.T. or eligible for membership with the Professional Geoscientists of Ontario.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD LDD/Civil 3D software.
- Practical experience using ESRI GIS or equivalent software.
- Practical experience using unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) for environmental applications.
- Working knowledge of Hydrological and/or hydraulic models (HEC-RAS).
- Experience using RTK GPS technology and/or Total Station survey equipment.
- Certifications: CISEC, MNRF Electrofishing, and/or Pleasure Craft Operator.
How We Nurture:
- Ownership Opportunities- employee ownership is at the heart of our culture.
- Profit sharing.
- Flexible work schedule and work-from-home options.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Company paid benefits including extended health care, dental, life insurance, EAP.
- Performance-based annual bonus.
- RRSP matching.
- Flexible disciplines and career paths- work in the area that fuels your passion!
- Professional development opportunities.
Ready to Shine? How to Apply:
Apply directly through Indeed: River / Environmental Scientist – Guelph, ON – Indeed.com. We will respond to your application within three business days to advise you of the status of your application. Please take a moment to review our website https://www.beaconenviro.com/ or follow us on Linkedin https://ca.linkedin.com/company/beacon-environmental-limited