The Beacon Impact
Employee owned and operated for over 15 years, Beacon Environmental Limited is a steadily growing team of over 40 dedicated and proactive environmental professionals with a collective mission to stand as the guiding light toward solutions to complex environmental challenges. We set the standards high, and our team delivers.
Joining our team is a journey into company ownership and with that comes the dynamic ability to carve your own career path within our community. We know our team is what makes Beacon Environmental Limited truly shine, and we provide the conditions for you to truly discover, uncover and pursue new passions within our industry. We believe that a passion driven environment provides the highest quality project outcomes for our clients and the best possible opportunities for our growing team.
Our Next Hire
Senior Ecologist – Project Manager
Our Project Managers are “lighthouse leaders”: They are the guiding lights in coordinating our internal teams to lead clients and colleagues confidently and consistently to success.
We are seeking a Senior Ecologist- Project Manager, an expert in their field, who thrives on fostering and developing the careers of their team. A professional that is still ready, willing, and able to get in the field, but also keen on transferring their extensive knowledge and experience to their team.
Our team is known for our proactive approach, integrity, and quality product: we proudly stand by our high standards. We are a collective of dynamic individuals with high accountability to ourselves and our Senior Ecologist Project Managers are crucial in nurturing this.
If you get charged when you have the autonomy to truly lead and guide – apply today and let’s talk about how Beacon fits your life.
- 10+ years of experience consulting in either Aquatic or Terrestrial Ecology;
- 3+ years of Project Management experience;
- Prior Experience leading the successful negotiation of Conservation Authorities Act permits, federal Fisheries Act Authorizations (aquatic) and Endangered Species Act permits;
- Experience with provincial and federal environmental regulatory procedures (environmental impact assessments/studies, due diligence studies, habitat restoration) and natural heritage policies in Ontario; and
- Strong written and verbal communication.
Additional Bonus Variables (What really shines brightly to us):
- Headwater Drainage Feature Assessment training;
- Ontario Benthos Biomonitoring Network (OBBN) training;
- Class I Electrofishing/Class II Backpack Electrofishing;
- MTO/DFO/MNR Fisheries Specialist Certification Course;
- Ontario Stream Assessment Protocol Training (OSAP);
- Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC);
- MTO RAQS Qualifications;
- Experience with habitat management and/or habitat monitoring and/or habitat restoration; and
- Wildlife survey experience.
How We Nurture:
- Ownership Opportunities- employee ownership is at the heart of our culture
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work schedule and work-from-home options
- Choice of location! Markham, Guelph, Peterborough, Barrie, Bracebridge
- Highly competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits including extended health care, dental, life insurance, EAP
- Performance-based annual bonus
- RRSP matching
- Flexible disciplines and career paths- work in the area that fuels your passion!
- Professional development opportunities
Ready to Light the Way? How to Apply:
Apply directly through Indeed. We will respond to your application within three business days to advise you of the status of your application. Please take a moment to review our website http://www.beaconenviro.com/ or follow us on Linkedin https://ca.linkedin.com/company/beacon-environmental-limited