The Beacon Impact
Employee owned and operated for over 15 years, Beacon Environmental Limited is a steadily growing team of more than 40 dedicated and proactive environmental professionals with a collective mission to stand as the guiding light toward solutions to complex environmental challenges. We set the standards high, and our team delivers.
Joining our team is a journey into company ownership and with that comes the dynamic ability to carve your own career path within our community. We know our team is what makes Beacon Environmental Limited truly shine, and we provide the conditions for you to truly discover, uncover and pursue new passions within our industry. We believe that a passion driven environment provides the highest quality project outcomes for our clients and the best possible opportunities for our growing team.
Our Next Hire
Intermediate Landscape Architect
Our Landscape Architecture team are experts in their field, bringing their combined technical and project management support to every project to help guide their teams and clients to success.
We are seeking an experienced Intermediate Landscape Architect: a business and technical professional who is organized, self-motivated, a team player, and has strong CADD and graphics skills. An emerging “lighthouse leader”, keen on transferring their knowledge and experience to their team.
Beacon is known for its ecological approach to landscape architecture, both in urban contexts and in more rural settings. We design for human-scale, walkable, inclusive landscapes and streetscapes and can apply a climate-positive lens to our projects for social and economic resilience and to strengthen natural systems.
If you are looking for a chance to bring your energy and passion to a fast-paced and dynamic environment that will give your skills and potential the chance to truly shine – apply today and let’s talk about how Beacon fits your life.
- Graduate of an accredited landscape architecture program with five to seven years’ experience in an office setting.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, and other graphic software to prepare graphics, illustrations, contract documents, tender documents, and specifications under the supervision of a Senior Landscape Architect.
- Leading and preparing conceptual, detailed design, and working drawings for various landscape architecture projects including: tree inventory and tree preservation plans, storm water management pond designs, streetscape designs, stream corridor naturalization, wetland restoration and creation, edge and buffer naturalization, and trail plans.
- Construction inspection and contract administration support.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
Additional Bonus Variables (What really shines brightly to us):
- OALA full membership.
- Public and stakeholder consultation.
- Understanding of native and invasive plants, natural habitats and ecoystems in southern Ontario.
- Understanding of Low Impact Development (LID) and bioengineering technologies.
How We Nurture:
- Ownership Opportunities- employee ownership is at the heart of our culture.
- Profit sharing.
- Flexible work schedule and work-from-home options.
- Choice of location! Markham or Guelph.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Company paid benefits including extended health care, dental, life insurance, EAP.
- Performance-based annual bonus.
- RRSP matching.
- Flexible disciplines and career paths- work in the area that fuels your passion!
- Professional development opportunities.
Ready to Shine? How to Apply:
Apply directly through Indeed. We will respond to your application within three business days to advise you of the status of your application. Please take a moment to review our website http://www.beaconenviro.com/ or follow us on Linkedin https://ca.linkedin.com/company/beacon-environmental-limited