The Beacon Impact
Employee owned and operated for over 15 years, Beacon Environmental Limited is a steadily growing team of more than 40 dedicated and proactive environmental professionals with a collective mission to stand as the guiding light toward solutions to complex environmental challenges. We set the standards high, and our team delivers.
Joining our team is a journey into company ownership and with that comes the dynamic ability to carve your own career path within our community. We know our team is what makes Beacon Environmental Limited truly shine, and we provide the conditions for you to truly discover and develop the practice you want within our industry. We believe that a passion driven environment provides the highest quality project outcomes for our clients and the best possible opportunities for our growing team. We prioritize the development of our people into the experts and leaders of tomorrow.
Our Next Hire
We are seeking an Environmental Planner to bring their expertise in environmental management natural heritage planning; as well as project coordination to our team. The successful candidate will provide high level support project managers by coordinating internal teams to lead clients and colleagues confidently and consistently to success. The candidate will be – a professional who thrives on bringing the pieces together and excels at communication and coordination. An emerging leader, keen on transferring their knowledge and experience within their team.
Our team is known for our proactive approach, integrity, and quality product: we proudly stand by our high standards. We are a collective of dynamic individuals with high accountability to ourselves, and our Environmental Planners are fundamental to this dynamic.
If you are looking for a chance to bring your energy and passion to a dynamic environment that will give your skills and potential the chance to truly shine – apply today and let’s talk about how Beacon fits your life.
- Minimum of five years of experience in environmental consulting with a background in Environmental Planning, Ecology or related field
- Project coordination experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the application of Conservation Authorities Act, federal Fisheries Act Authorizations, Endangered Species Act as well as regional and municipal official plans as they apply to natural heritage
- Experience with the process and preparation of Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Studies and Due Diligence Studies
- Demonstrated experience with client and agency relations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with proven organizational abilities
How We Nurture:
- Flexibility- remote work and flex hours options
- Variable Work Week- Option for Full or Part Time hours
- Ownership opportunities- employee ownership is at the heart of our culture
- Professional development opportunities- we are committed to developing industry leaders
- Profit sharing
- Highly competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits including extended health care, dental, life insurance, EAP
- Performance-based annual bonus
- RRSP matching
- Flexible disciplines and career paths- work in the area that fuels your passion!
Ready to Shine? How to Apply:
Apply directly through Indeed:
Environmental Planner – Peterborough, ON – Indeed.com
Environmental Planner – Guelph, ON – Indeed.com
We will respond to your application within three business days to advise you of the status of your application. Please take a moment to review our website https://www.beaconenviro.com/ or follow us on Linkedin https://ca.linkedin.com/company/beacon-environmental-limited