The Beacon Impact
Employee owned and operated for over 15 years, Beacon Environmental Limited is a steadily growing team of more than 40 dedicated and proactive environmental professionals with a collective mission to stand as the guiding light toward solutions to complex environmental challenges. We set the standards high, and our team delivers.
Joining our team is a journey into company ownership and with that comes the dynamic ability to carve your own career path within our community. We know our team is what makes Beacon Environmental Limited truly shine, and we provide the conditions for you to truly discover, uncover and pursue new passions within our industry. We believe that a passion driven environment provides the highest quality project outcomes for our clients and the best possible opportunities for our growing team.
Our Next Hire
Our Ecologists are experts in their field, bringing their combined technical and project management support to every project to help guide their teams and clients to success.
We are seeking a Terrestrial or Aquatic Ecologist: a technical professional who thrives on bringing the pieces together and being a go-to project coordinator. An emerging “lighthouse leader”, keen on transferring their knowledge and experience to their team.
Our team is known for our proactive approach, integrity, and quality product: we proudly stand by our high standards. We are a collective of dynamic individuals with high accountability to ourselves, our clients, and our teams, and our Ecologists are fundamental to this dynamic.
If you are looking for a chance to bring your energy and passion to a fast-paced and dynamic environment that will give your skills and potential the chance to truly shine – apply today and let’s talk about how Beacon fits your life.
- Five years of experience consulting in either Aquatic or Terrestrial Ecology.
- Strong aquatic or terrestrial field skills including field investigations/inventories, monitoring assessment techniques, and habitat assessments.
- Experience with provincial and federal environmental regulatory procedures (environmental impact assessments/studies, due diligence studies, habitat restoration) and natural heritage policies in Ontario.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
Additional Bonus Variables (What really shines brightly to us):
- Headwater Drainage Feature Assessment training.
- Ontario Benthos Biomonitoring Network (OBBN) training.
- Class I Electrofishing/Class II Backpack Electrofishing.
- MTO/DFO/MNR Fisheries Specialist Certification Course.
- Ontario Stream Assessment Protocol Training (OSAP).
- Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC).
- MTO RAQS Qualifications.
- Public and stakeholder consultation.
- Wildlife survey capability (e.g., amphibians, birds, vegetation).
How We Nurture:
- Ownership Opportunities- employee ownership is at the heart of our culture.
- Profit sharing.
- Flexible work schedule and work-from-home options.
- Choice of location! Markham, Guelph, Peterborough, Barrie, Bracebridge.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Company paid benefits including extended health care, dental, life insurance, EAP.
- Performance-based annual bonus.
- RRSP matching.
- Flexible disciplines and career paths- work in the area that fuels your passion!
- Professional development opportunities.
Ready to Shine? How to Apply:
Apply directly through Indeed. We will respond to your application within three business days to advise you of the status of your application. Please take a moment to review our website https://www.beaconenviro.com/ or follow us on Linkedin https://ca.linkedin.com/company/beacon-environmental-limited