Beacon Environmental has the capacity to design, undertake and analyze environmental management and monitoring programs for groundwater, aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, and waterbodies (e.g., creeks, ponds and lakes). Beacon’s staff regularly develop and implement monitoring programs in urban and rural settings across Ontario, and advise clients on approaches, protocols and appropriate designs for short-term and long-term monitoring.
Beacon is qualified under the Ministry of Transportation Registry, Appraisal and Qualification System (RAQs) for environmental inspections and monitoring.
Ecologists certified in sediment and erosion control provide specialized site supervision to ensure that specific requirements related to the short-term and long-term protection of biotic systems are implemented as specified, along with approved compensation and mitigation measures. Beacon’s Landscape Architecture staff also provides tendering, contract administration and warranty inspection services to ensure plantings are installed and are establishing as per the approved specifications.
- Effectiveness and compliance environmental monitoring
- Groundwater and surface water quality monitoring
- Dewatering monitoring
- Species at Risk habitat compensation monitoring
- Site supervision of mitigation and compensation works
- Erosion and sediment control monitoring
- Channel restoration, monitoring, tendering, contract administration and warranty inspection
Qualified on the Ministry of Transportation RAQs for:
- Environmental inspections during construction
- Construction monitoring and fisheries compliance during construction